When in Portugal, don’t miss out on a Porto Tour! Porto has something for everyone; from food and wine lovers, to architecture appreciators, to Harry Potter fans.
The best way to get to know Porto is on foot. The narrow, winding streets offer surprises at every corner. It is easy to wander through the colourful facades of the suburbs for hours.
Street art will treat your eyes, shopfronts will offer you light-entertainment with jokes and pictures drawn on their windows, and locals will keep you guessing as they chatter in Portuguese on the terraces above you.
Make sure you check out Rua das Flores (street of flowers) – where you’ll see derelict buildings sharing walls with beautiful, newly renovated homes.
For those wanting to learn more about the city and its history, a walking tour is the way to go. Check out our walking tour here. On a Porto tour you’ll see the many beautiful buildings and monuments scattered through the streets. You’ll also learn about the rich history and interesting facts about Portugal. This is our list of top things to do in Porto:
- Livraria Lello for Harry Potter fans. This interesting bookstore was where the author wrote some of her fascinating tales.
- Check out the wine cellars along the river. Port wine is a special kind of wine that is only made in Porto.
- Check out the city’s tile art. Colorful buildings tell stories through their “azulejos”.
- Visit architectural masterpieces like Cafe Majestic, Palacio da Bolsa, Torre dos Clérigos or Serralves Museum.
- Take a boat tour under Porto’s many bridges.